What is a LED screen?
The name LED is an abbreviation for Light Emitting Diode. LED screens, or large screens, are made of so-called electro luminescent diodes. In the LED screen the model of colour space is RGB ("R" - red, "G" - green, "B" - blue). The combination of three colours - red, green and blue allows you to create millions of colours, including white. It is the most important parameter of the screen, called a pixel or pitch. Thanks to this LED screens have saturated colours, necessary for contact with the recipient.
So how to choose the right LED screen and adjust the parameters to suit our needs? What you should pay extra attention to?
- resolution - the most important parameter of LED screens. Called also pitch, means the density of LED spacing, which affects the quality of the materials presented on the media. To display graphics, numbers, data and other information the maximum screen resolution is required, thanks to which the recipient will be able to read easily the presented content. The readability of the content presented on the screen depends mostly on the distance of the recipient from the screen. The greater the distance from the screen, the lesser concentration of diodes is used. If the LED screen is closer, the density of LEDs is greater. Screen selection depends mostly on the destination of the media. The screens are made of modules. For example, the P10 module (P stands for pixel-pitch) has dimensions of 32cm x 16cm, which is equivalent to resolution of 32 x16 pixels. Therefore, building a screen of 3.2 m x 1.6 m size, you get a screen resolution of 320 x 160 pixels, which results from a simple mathematical operation: 3200mm width (3.2 m) divided by the pitch size (distance between pixels 10mm) which will determine the resolution. In such case, it is a horizontal orientation. Similarly, we define a vertical orientation. 1600mm are divided by the pitch size. To obtain a high quality of a picture (resolution), LEDs should be placed as close as possible to each other - that is, very densely.
- LED type - there are several types of diodes. First of all, there are DIP LEDs used in the outdoor screens, and new solutions - SMD LEDs. They can be used in indoor and outdoor media.
The screen brightness depends on whether the screen is set indoors or outdoors:
- standard brightness for outdoor screens oscillates around 5000 - 7000cd/m²,
- outdoor screens with higher brightness: 8000 - 12000cd/m²,
- indoor screens brightness ranges from 700cd/m² to 2500cd/m².
Number of colours and refresh rate:
- All our screens from Sceo®LedScreen series have a very high refresh rate, above 1000 Hz and colour processing at 16 bits per colour.
Purpose of the screen
- Mobile LED screens
- Rental LED screens
- LED Curtain
- LED floor/ Interactive floor